We respect and attach great importance to your privacy.
Therefore, we would like to inform you about your rights in relation to use and protection of your personal data within the scope of the existing law* in order to protect your fundamental rights and freedoms.
General Scope of the Law
The Protection of Personal Data Act No. 6698 defines us, Garanti Emeklilik ve Hayat A.Ş., as "Data Controller". According to existing regulations, carrying out certain actions as the Data Controller such as obtaining, recording, storing, updating, classifying and sharing with and transferring to your personal data with third parties within the scope of the regulations is considered as “data processing”.
Why and How Are We Using Your Personal Data? **
We process your data for the following purposes:
- To offer you our life insurance and private pension products within the scope of Insurance Law, Private Pension Savings and Investment System Law, Banking Law, Turkish Commercial Code, Turkish Civil Code and other legislation,
- To record information about your identity, address and other necessary information in order to be able to identify you as a user,
- To offer you products and services to address your needs,
- To make the requested changes in the insurance and private pension products, to perform risk assessments, to complete compensation applications, to settle disputes with our Company or our agencies, to obtain relevant information and documents from relevant parties and to communicate them to relevant authorities, to fulfill our obligations while offering our products and services, to complete payment, fund and portfolio management transactions and to complete internet and mobile branch transactions,
- To share with you important information (using your contact details),
- To compile and convey you all records and documents to enable you to perform transactions via printed, verbal and electronic (internet/mobile banking etc.) means,
- To inform, as required by law, official organizations such as T.R. Prime Ministry Undersecretariat of Treasury, the Pension Monitoring Center, the Capital Markets Board, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, Insurance Arbitration Commission, the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey (CBRT) and Turkey Insurance, Reinsurance and Pension Companies Association (TSB),
- To inform you about our company’s other products and services other than the ones already provided within the scope of the regulations, to plan and perform customized products/services/offers, to develop product, service, working model offers, to perform profiling and segmentation, to help our Company to create targets, scoring, risk analysis, and to improve customer relations management, to enable our Company to monitor and analyze its internal performance, to conduct statistical studies, to design service offering models, and to conduct market research,
- To record camera images at our regional directorate and the general directorate in relation to work place safety measures,
- To perform and monitor processes in areas such as corporate sustainability, corporate management, strategic planning and information security,
- To enable our Company to fulfill its legal obligations and to meet the requirements of the agreements we have reached with you.
Who are we sharing your Personal Data with?
We may share your personal information with real or legal persons, organizations, institutions considered as financial institutions and other third parties as specified in the Insurance Law, Private Pension Savings and Investment System Law, and with public legal third parties such as T.R. Prime Ministry Undersecretariat of Treasury, the Pension Monitoring Center, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, Capital Markets Board, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey (CBRT) and Turkey Insurance, Reinsurance and Pension Companies Association (TSB), and with our principle shareholders and subsidiaries (e.g. Garanti Bankası A.Ş., Achmea N.V., Eureko Sigorta A.Ş., Garanti Konut Finansmanı Danışmanlık Hizmetleri A.Ş., Garanti Faktoring A.Ş., Garanti Finansal Kiralama A.Ş., Garanti Ödeme Sistemleri A.Ş., Garanti Bilişim Teknolojisi ve Ticaret T.A.Ş., Garanti Yatırım Menkul Kıymetler A.Ş. ve Garanti Portföy Yönetimi A.Ş.), with our other organizations such as brokerage firms and agencies, reinsurance companies, service providers or other program partner organizations we cooperate with, and local or international insurance, reinsurance and private pension companies.
How Do We Access Your Personal Data?
Your personal data can be collected orally, in writing or electronically via several channels such as our General Directorate, Regional Offices, Agencies, all channels operated by Agencies (ATM, kiosk, internet branch, call centre etc.), Company internet branch, Company’s mobile branch and call centre.
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies We Use to Collect Your Personal Data
We use files on our website called 'cookies'. These cookies compile information about your navigation on the site in order to offer you a better website experience. Cookies record the navigation on the web site of the visitor, determine which ads are placed, and in what frequency, and also analyze the impact of the ad and the reaction of the visitor.
What are your Legal Rights?
Contact our Company to find out;
a) Whether your data is processed or not, or to get info about the purpose of the processing, or whether it is used properly or not,
b) Where your personal data is used (domestically or internationally) as per the regulations, and who are these third parties your data is shared with,
c) If your data processed complete and accurate or not (and request a correction,
d) Whether your data is used in line with the provisions of the Article 7 of the related law (and request your data deleted or destroyed),
e) Whether your data is used by third parties and request that your demands are conveyed to third parties in accordance with line (c) and (d) of the law, and ask them to take similar steps,
f) Whether your data is analyzed in the automatic systems and raise objections about the outcomes that created undesirable conditions for you, and if you think your data is kept and used illegally causing you damages, you can claim indemnification for your losses.
In the event that such a request causes extra costs for the Company, you may be required to pay a fee that shall be determined by the Personal Data Protection Authority. Your inquiry will be addressed fully in the shortest time possible, or in 30 days latest, depending on its nature.
*The Protection of Personal Data Act No. 6698 (“KVKK”)
**This info will be updated when changes take place as part of our personal data inventory works.